It’s a wrap! It happened on the 3rd to 5th October and we survived. Hosting our first ever global Take It Offline meet-up is an absolute milestone, and we can’t thank all of the attendees who travelled near and far to learn and hang out with some pretty decent SEOs in an organic, socially-led setting.
If you missed it, not to worry. Here’s a round up of what went down:
Pre-party evening cruise
ContentKing sponsored the pre-TIO boat cruise for those of us that were already in Amsterdam. It was a great place to kick off this amazing event and set the mood for the next two days.
We also tried out some gins at A. van Wees Tasting Locality.
Day 1 – Two-way panels
We kicked off with Sistrix introducing, Chippy (Steve Paine) delivering a game to start with, getting to know Amsterdam – some familiar nicknames.
Up next, Jarno shed light on the importance of structuring data and using it beyond just search:
In-between drinks and mingling, a few panels adorned the stage.
- Technical Schema Conversation with Jarno van Driel and Ric Rodriguez, Moderated by Steven van Vessum from ContentKing
- Serious Page Speed talk with Chris Simmance (watch his video) and Gerry White, Moderated by Arnout
- Everything Outreach with Ross Tavendale, Judith Lewis, Bibi & Gareth Hoyle, Moderated by Jason Barnard
- ‘Ask me bloody anything’ with Barry Adams, Juliette Van Rooyen, Matt Whelan and Tim Stewart
Day 2 – Unconference
What’s an Unconference, you say? Well…
In Amsterdam, we had 3 sessions of about 30-45 minutes each. The sessions were all planned spontaneously and topics put up on a board. Vicky Simmance, Rishi Lakhani, Arnault, Tim, Ric and Jason delivered some excellent sessions. The approaches varied from discussions to workshops.
- Track One – Data – from APIs to GA, GSC and more
- Track Two – Outreach and Link building
- Track Three – Advanced Technical SEO
- Track Four – Misc Growth Hack & Chat
Rishi took us back to the art of blackhat SEO.
Arnout unravelled powerful yet under-rated hints for Bing Webmaster tools.
Vicky shared how to handle wildly creative and sometimes difficult development/creative resource. Her many years dealing with people in the space lead to some interesting tips and conversation for the group.
Full Gallery of Snaps!
Last but not least… thanks to the incredible folks at SEMrush, Sistrix, Yext, ContentKing, Type A Media, Ahrefs and WebTrafficAdvisors for your support and sponsorship. Also to all the hands on deck who helped organise; Gerry, Michelle, Arnout, Judith, Hannah and Juliette.
Follow us on Twitter or sign up to our newsletter so you don’t miss out on updates and the next TIO event. The FOMO is real!